Background and objectives of the activity:
The activity was aimed at further skilling and training farmers on the use of digital tools like the ICT4Farmers mobile app for the different services offered by the app like farmers profiling, farm geo-mapping, and farm records management. ICT4Farmers mobile app has many services that help farmer better manage their farm activity record, and have access to market and agro-input and output services. The resource sharing module helps the farmers to share resources amongst themselves hence reducing the cost of buying unnecessary resources that is available around with the neighbors. Better financial record and production record for all the value chain stages of farming. Pre-production, Production, and Post-production or post-harvest.
The farm leaders and priests present were trained on the different modules of the mobile app, the call center, and the e-agriculture academy.
Sub-activities implemented and venue(s):
- Call Centre training and user trial.
- Do farmer record-taking using the mobile app for pre-planting records.
- Plan to mobilize and train youth farmers on the digital skills development in the area.
- Introduce farmers to online learning using the E-Agriculture academy.
- Training coffee farmers on the different techniques for maximum income generation using the family setting model.
- Mind-set change and training farmers on the family business model and its benefits in developing the smallholder farmers.
- Identify the potential area and the possibilities of setting up an ICT support center to help in accelerating the digital agenda and ICt4Farmers programs.