COMFARNET FARMER TRAINING ON THE E-AGRICULTURE ACADEMY OF ICT4FARMERS IN NAMAYUMBA.Peter Ongom
Background and objectives of the activity:
The activity aimed to profile 100 COMFARNET farmers in the Mpigi district under the MBUGO farmers cooperative and training on using the ICT4Farmers system. The training focused on the use of the Toll-Free call Center and the e-agriculture academy.
Farmers represented were registered and encouraged to promote the ICT4Farmers services amongst their fellow members.
Sub-activities implemented and venue(s):
- Call Center training and user acceptance trial.
- Identifying the experts to support the call center in the two languages English and Luganda.
- Training farmers on the benefits of digitization and the role of ICT in improving the livelihood of farmers.
- Introduce farmers to online learning using the E-Agriculture academy.
- Training coffee farmers on the different techniques for maximum income generation using the family setting model.
- Identify farmer leaders to act as ICT champions to accelerate the ICT4Farmers agenda amongst others in the Mpigi district.
- Register farmer profiles for system data entry.
- Mind-set change and digital skills development.