Coffee farmer leaders engagement meeting.Peter Ongom
|The meeting was held at Luguzi coffee nursery bed in Namayumba.
1. Discussed the challenges farmers are currently facing, which included but were not limited to lack of enough knowledge.
2. Discussed the best way to address the farmers’ challenges.
3. Sensitive to the farmers on the benefits of coffee farmers and how it can turn a smallholder income earner to middle income or more.
4. Sensitization of the farmers on diversification in farming by doing Beekeeping while doing coffee farming to make more money.
5. Show the farmers the role ICT plays in improving farming, and practically demonstrated some of the ICT products and services which include the ICT4Farmers Mobile app, E-Agriculture academy, and the Farmers Toll-free call Centre service.